Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Beader's block

First of all, I would like to thank everybody for the kind comments left on the Earring swap post.
Thanks for visiting people! 
I enjoyed the blog hop a lot and am daily checking for the missing posts. I'm still waiting for my earrings to arrive, which is still quite normal, and it's ok 'cause I know a lot of other people are in the same situation.

While waiting I haven't accomplished much. It's been quite after the "storm" of the BSBP and maybe all that excitment has put me in this bad mood and sort of beader's block now that I don't have a deadline.

To overcome this kind of blocks there are many things you can do that I have just tried:

-take part in a swap: whether it is a swap of a bead soup or of a finished item, people can have the strangest tastes and that might ignite something into your brain. The ubiquitous "get out of your comfort zone"

-visit an exhibition of any kind. I love lady portraits of the late 1800, they always have gorgeous clothes and jewelry, elegant but not too much.

-watch a new movie. Gatsby has been the only inspiring thing this month!

-go window shopping. Try not to spend everything you have, even only collecting catalogues is ok LOL. Also visit a hardware store, many components can be used to make unique jewelry with a ridiculous expense.

-buy a new book or tutorial that you've had in your favorites for a long time. I just bought Heather Collin's Cactus drops tutorial. Looks amazing.

-Also, websites like Polyvore might get you in the right mood to try some new color combo. Try to make your own set or look at what other people made. It's also a good way to stay updated with what's going on in the fashion world.

-Go through your own clothes, especially when it's time to switch wardrobe from winter to spring/summer. How many things didn't you use, maybe because you didn't know how to accessorize them?!
Try to dye something you are tempted to through away in a new color (if it's in good conditions) or make some alterations. And then, again, accessorize it! Here are some examples and DYI.

-Same goes with shoes!!!

Now guess what I'm going to do?
Tea, beads, new tutorial.
Let the juices flow again!

No comments:

Post a Comment